~~~~~~~~~~~~~CALENDAR OF EVENTS 2020~~~~~~~~
The only way we know what's happening in your area is from you. Please let us know about Clinics, Expos, Trail Rides and any horse event you think others might be interested in attending. If you know of an event coming up in 2020, and would like to share it with others, please let us know and we'll get the word out.
Send your event information to Linda Holzer, email@example.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~UPCOMING EVENTS FOR 2020~~~~~~~~
Details Announced For the….
Northwest Horse Fair 2020!
The Northwest Horse Fair and Expo 2020, presented by Akins Trailers, will gallop into Albany, Oregon, March 20 through March 22, 2020 at the Linn County Fair and Expo Center! Top-notch clinics and workshops, exciting equine entertainment, tons of trade show shopping, and a chance to interact with horses up close and personal – all for one low admission price! Now in its twenty-first year, this family-friendly expo is the perfect event for horse owners, and horse lovers of all ages, with something for everyone!
Expo officials have announced a diverse lineup of top name trainers representing a multitude of equine interests and disciplines for the Northwest Horse Fair 2020! The experts from across the United States include the headline clinician, Champion trainer Chris Cox, presenting General Horsemanship clinics; Peggy Cummings providing Connected Riding® clinics; Julie Goodnight teaching General Horsemanship; Muffy Seaton, presented by the Northwest Region of the American Driving Society, featuring Driving clinics; Rod Petersen conducting Drill Team clinics; and Emily Elias of Back Country Horsemen with Packing One Horse into the Back Country. In addition, radio and on-line TV host of Speaking of Horses, Wayne Williams, will provide a lecture, Horses in my Lifetime.
The Northwest Horse Fair 2020 will bring back the action-packed Colt Starting Challenge USA, for the second year! Experienced horse trainers will work with young, unbroken horses, gentling, saddling and riding them, in just two days! Using Natural Horsemanship methods, each trainer will work with the colt they’ve drawn, all working at the same time in the arena. The talented trainers will take turns explaining to the audience what they’re doing and why. Then the last day of the expo, colts will be ridden and compete through a challenging obstacle course! Applications are being taken now for halter broken colts, as well as trainers who want to participate in the event. For more information or to enter the Colt Starting Challenge USA competition at the Northwest Horse Fair 2020, go to http://equinepromotions.net/northwest-horse-fair/,and look under “Special Events” for the Colt Starting Challenge USA.
A diverse display of horses will provide equine education and entertainment to audiences, in the Breed Showcase and Stallion Review, and entertainment specialists! Fancy, fast, fluffy, slender, sleek, spotted and spirited – you’ll see a full spectrum of horses put their best foot forward showing off the strengths of their breeds! Two high-speed groups of performers will have you on the edge of your seat! The Rogue Mounted Archers will gallop with no hands, shooting arrows at targets on a dead run! And the Mane Attraction Rodeo Performance Team will wow audiences with fast-paced precision drills to music, at speed! Equally captivating, with a spotlight on their elegance, the BlackPearl Friesian Dance Troupe will don colorful costumes, showing off their fancy dancing horses performing magical maneuvers to music!
Two large buildings will house dozens of vendors, in the largest equine-related trade show in the Northwest! Vendors from all over the country, will offer a broad variety of products and services, including trailers, farm equipment and supplies, saddles, feed, horse and pet supplies, rider clothing, home décor items, gifts, and much more! Shoppers can take advantage of show deals on select items, and reps will be available to answer questions on their products and services. For a list of trade show vendors, go to http://equinepromotions.net/northwest-horse-fair/,
and look under “Vendors”. Keep checking back, as additional vendors are added weekly.
Sunday, March 22 is KMTR Youth Day! Children aged 12 years and under get in free that day, when accompanied by a paying adult, plus 4-H and Pony Club members aged 13 to 18 years, get in free with their club ID cards.
Applications are now being accepted for participants at the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo 2020, including: trade show vendors; Breed Showcase and Stallion Review participants; clinic participants; sponsors; and advertisers in the event program. Applications are available at http://equinepromotions.net/northwest-horse-fair/.
Hours for the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo are: Friday from 10am to 9pm; Saturday from 9am to 9pm; and Sunday from 9am to 6pm.
For more details about the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo, go to http://equinepromotions.net/northwest-horse-fair/, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 765-655-2107, or join us for late breaking details and excitement, on Facebook (Northwest Horse Fair & Expo (NWHF)) and Twitter (@NWHorseFair).
Sponsors for the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo 2020 include: Akins Trailer Sales, the presenting sponsor; Beelart Embroidery, the official event embroiderer; KMTR-TV, the Youth Day sponsor; Logan Coach Trailers; The Northwest Horse Source, the official publication of the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo; Phoenix Inn & Suites, the hosting hotel for the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo; and Wilco.
June 13 Save the Date
This is another reminder that the Ponderosa Back Country Horsemen will host a POKER RIDE on Saturday, June 13, 2020 in Riverside State Park near Spokane, Washington.
We are already receiving pre-registrations as many riders are anticipating this great ride. And remember, kids 17 and younger will ride free. We are very interested in having families come join in a fund day in the saddle.
The trails in the equestrian area are easy to ride and we will mark them clearly with engineering tape. We want this to be a ride for everyone to enjoy.
For this poker ride you get to play a game of skill to determine your poker hand. How does this work? At each game station you will throw a poker chip at a box containing 52 playing cards that are face up. You aim for the card you want. You can do this from your horse or dismount. You can also play multiple hands to increase your chance of winning.
We will also be serving a hotcake breakfast and have many great raffle items.
WHAT TO DO NOW?
- Mark your calendar for June 13, 2020
- Go to www.pbchw.com for more information including:
- Facts sheet for more information
- Pre-registration form
- Directions to Riverside State Park
- Contact your riding friends and equestrian groups and stables
- Put it on your Facebook and other social media
- Make camping arrangements, if you plan to camp
This fundraiser helps Back Country Horsemen build and maintain trails and trailheads. We appreciate your support so that equestrians continue to have access to public land.
It is time to plan for the summer of 2020. Let’s include the Ponderosa poker ride on Saturday, June 13 with your friends and family.
I am attaching the Flier, Facts Sheet and Pre-registration. Please share.
See you on the Trail
PONDEROSA BACK COUNTRY HORSEMEN
FACTS SHEET – 2020Many of you have attended the Ponderosa Scavenger Hunt or participated in a Poker Ride so some of this may be repetitive. However, we want everyone to understand the event so you can maximize the great time you will have on Saturday June 13. We will take the best parts of the scavenger hunt and combine this with the experience we have putting on a poker ride.
KIDS (17 AND UNDER) RIDE FREE. THIS IS A FAMILY EVENT AND WE ENCOURAGE KIDS ON HORSEBACK. HOWEVER, THEY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN PRIZES
The event will be at the Riverside State Park Equestrian Area, same as for the scavenger hunt.
- Camping is available in the developed campground and overflow area. Make your camping reservations through the State Parks reservation system.
- In summary, the day includes registration, hotcake breakfast, raffles and poker ride.
- We start the day at registration in the round pen where both pre-registered and those registering at the event sign in. You receive your playing card and breakfast ticket.
- Also, at registration you may purchase additional poker hands. It is like playing multiple bingo cards for additional chances of winning at poker.
- After registering join us for the hotcake breakfast, purchase raffle tickets for some great items and play the first card of your poker hand . Then you are on the trail any time you want between 9:00 and 11:30 am.
- We ask that you do NOT run your horses. We know this is fun, but we have many people on the trail and we need to be respectful of the reaction horses have when they see other horses running. This is not a timed event. Thank you.
- You will be riding with your friends in a designated area following a trail well marked with engineer tape at your own speed (but remember no running).
- In playing the poker ride game you are trying to get the best, or worst poker hand. You do this by stopping at “game stations” along the trail to play a “game of skill”. This determines the next card in your hand. The “game of skill” is tossing a washer at a board lined with a deck of cards. Where your washer lands determines your playing card. You do not need to dismount to play the games.
- For those wanting a longer ride, at a junction you can take an extended well marked route and not miss any of the game stations. Make your decision while on the trail.
- Return to the arena area to play the last card of your hand, check the board to see what raffle items you may have won and complete a survey for another chance to win a prize.
Please see the flier and registration form to learn more about the poker ride and pre-register by June 3, or you may register at the ride.
We hope that everyone joins us for a great day in the saddle. Thank you for supporting Back Country Horsemen and our efforts to keep trails open to equestrians.
July 15-19 White Fish Camp out. Contact person: Patricia McKinney email@example.com
August 26-30 Wild Mare Camp Out. Contact person: Patricia McKinney firstname.lastname@example.org